What Is Black Mold?
Does Black Mold Scare You?
The internet and social media platforms spread an unsubstantiated claim that Black Mold is a clear and present danger. We wish to inform our fellow Coral Springs Residents, that this is unfounded in scientific mold remediation. The Stachybotrys chartarum species of mold is one of about 13 that are common to growing within homes and commercial buildings.
Does the Color of Mold Signify Degrees of Danger?
• Mold can be red, green, black, blue, yellow and many other colors
• Few molds cause significant health effects in humans
• Allergens produced vary from species to species
• Toxicity is a relative term relating to mold colonies
Does It Matter if the Mold Stain Inside My Coral Springs Kitchen Cabinet is Black or Green?
The short answer is NO. All mold stains and colonies should be treated equally--a potential detrimental health effect. We strongly advise concerned homeowners to contact our office. We can dispatch a project manager, crew supervisor, or another knowledgeable SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland employee to inspect your property for fungal growth and moisture sources. We are a reputable and community-oriented company that does not use scare tactics or other means to misdirect property owners.
Upon visual inspections, if mold growth is discovered, there is generally no need to invest in store-bought or laboratory ordered testing. We can offer an action plan for mold remediation, and if you have coverage with your insurance, work with you and your adjuster.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (954) 973-4130
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Coral Springs
- Eagle Trace
- Commerce Park of Coral Springs
- North Springs
- Heron Bay